Make a great impression on your interview and land the job of your dreams. Follow these simple tips to shine.
Before the Interview
Learn about your future employer.
- Learn about the industry
- Learn about the company
- Even learn about the company's competitors
Prepare to shine.
- Prepare to answer common interview questions
- Define your top three selling points
- Prepare two or three questions to ask your interviewer
Practice, practice, practice.
- Practice your handshake
- Practice answering questions
- Practice saying your top three selling points
During the Interview
- Dress appropriately
- Don't wear fragrance
- Bring a copy of your resume
- Enter the room with energy and enthusiasm
- Make eye contact and shake hands with the interviewer
- Thank the interviewer for their time and the opportunity to interview
Engage in the conversation.
- Answer questions in complete sentences and avoid slang
- Remember to emphasize your top selling points
- Ask one or two questions of your interviewer
- Shake hands with the interviewer
- Thank the interviewer, again
- Ask for the job by simply saying, "I hope you will consider me for the job."
After the Interview
- Send a thank you note
- Offer to send references
- Stay positive.