INTRODUCING FLORIDA'S NEW ONLINE CAREER PLANNING SYSTEM
FloridaShines and the Florida Department of Education are bringing Xello to Florida— a leading online college, and career readiness platform. Beginning in fall 2023, all school districts will have access, at no cost, to Xello's full suite of K-12 tools for career exploration and planning.
Xello’s award-winning program puts the student at the center of their planning experience. Students document their journey as they build self-knowledge, explore post-secondary options, create plans, and continually reassess as they take in new knowledge, skills, and experiences. Xello delivers a high-quality career readiness experience for students, counselors, and administrators.
- Explore high-skill, high-wage, and in-demand occupations in Florida.
- Understand their own career interests, values, and skills through assessments.
- Explore postsecondary training opportunities.
- Complete interactive college and career readiness lessons.
- Manage the entire college application process – transcripts and letters of recommendation submission, scholarships, and Common App integration.
- Participate in local internships and other work-based learning opportunities.
- Develop a resume and shareable professional portfolio.
- Read all content in Spanish and other languages.
- Manage and run reports on individuals and groups of students to ensure college and career readiness.
- Message students with reminders and guidance.
- Manage work-based learning opportunities.
- Integrate with your single-sign-on provider.
- Integrate with your student information system provider for easy account management.
- Invite parents and guardians to view their child’s college and career progress.
Nothing! Program access, training, data integration fees, and unlimited support are all included.
Xello is reaching out to key administrators in all districts. Your launch timetable will be determined by your district leadership.
We will be offering web-based training for all Florida educators to learn more about Xello and specific aspects of the program, such as the elementary experience, college planning and application tools, assessments, course planning, and more! Stay tuned. At the same time, we will be working with each district to develop a customized training program that ensures all educators are equipped for success.
Check out this guide for bringing Xello to life in your schools.
This career readiness system is an investment in the future of our students and children. We are excited about increasing access to powerful online tools that will help students explore, plan, and prepare for prosperous careers.