Do you have a knack for persuasion? Do you enjoy sales and customer service? Marketing may be the career for you.
The marketing field has five career pathways:
- Communications: Individuals who develop plans and materials to sell products and services, such as writing text or creating artwork for advertisements.
- Management: Individuals who implement plans to see products and services, such as selling advertisements or managing a sales team.
- Research: Individuals who investigate how to motivate people to buy products and services.
- Merchandising: Individuals who buy and sell products and services for companies or clients.
- Professional Sales: Individuals who sell products and services to large and small customers.
Meta-Major: Arts, Humanities, Communication and Design
Are you interested in marketing but not sure what you want to do? Check out the arts, humanities, communication and design meta-major at your local state college. A meta-major is a collection of associate degree programs aligned to a general career area, such as marketing. Because all programs under the meta-major have common courses, you can pursue a relevant course of study before deciding on a specific degree program.
Many professional careers in marketing require a bachelor's degree.
Source: June 2023 O*NET OnLine