Do you like to make things? Manufacturing offers a range of career options to let you shine.
The manufacturing field has three general career pathways:
- Health, Safety and Environmental Assurance: Individuals who work to protect workers and the environment.
- Logistics and Inventory Control: Individuals who focus on getting materials to the right place at the right time.
- Maintenance, Installation and Repair: Individuals who keep equipment working.
- Manufacturing Production Process Development: Individuals who design products and packaging.
- Production: Individuals who work in factories or facilities making or assembling a broad range of products.
- Quality Assurance: Individuals who ensure quality products are produced.
Meta-Major: Industrial, Manufacturing and Engineering Systems
Are you interested in a career in manufacturing but not sure what you want to do? Check out the industry, manufacturing and construction meta-major at your local state college. A meta-major is a collection of associate degree programs aligned to a general career area, such as manufacturing. Because all programs under the meta-major have common courses, you can pursue a relevant course of study before deciding on a specific degree program.
Manufacturing offers a range of careers that span the spectrum of educational requirements.
Source: June 2023 O*NET OnLine