Make a great impression on your interview and land the job of your dreams. Follow these simple tips to shine.
Before the Interview
Learn about your future employer.
- Learn about the industry.
- Learn about the company.
- Even learn about the company's competitors.
Prepare to shine.
- Prepare to answer common interview questions
- Define your top three selling points.
- Prepare two or three questions to ask your interviewer.
Practice, practice, practice.
- Practice your handshake.
- Practice answering questions.
- Practice saying your top three selling points.
During the Interview
- Dress appropriately.
- Don't wear fragrance.
- Bring a copy of your resume.
- Enter the room with energy and enthusiasm.
- Make eye contact and shake hands with the interviewer.
- Thank the interviewer for their time and the opportunity to interview.
Engage in the conversation.
- Answer questions in complete sentences and avoid slang.
- Remember to emphasize your top selling points.
- Ask one or two questions of your interviewer.
- Shake hands with the interviewer.
- Thank the interviewer, again.
- Ask for the job by simply saying, "I hope you will consider me for the job."
After the Interview
- Send a thank you note.
- Offer to send references.
- Stay positive.