Earning an industry-based certification tells employers you have the knowledge and skills to do the job. And that gives you the edge in the highly competitive job market.
Florida high schools, colleges and universities offer hundreds of certifications in a range of industries, from healthcare to emergency management to technology.
The top ten most popular industry certifications in Florida high schools:
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) – Photoshop
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Bundle Certification
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) ‐ Dreamweaver
- Certified Food Protection Manager (ServSafe)
- Certified Internet Web (CIW) ‐ Internet Business Associate
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) ‐ Premiere Pro
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) ‐ Flash
- Autodesk Certified User ‐ Autodesk Inventor
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Learn more about all of the Industry Certifications from the Florida Department of Education.
Did You Know?
The overwhelming majority of jobs in the future will require some education after high school, but most jobs won't require a four-year college degree. Half of the top jobs will require a career and technical certificate, while 40% will require a college degree (Associates, Bachelors or Graduate).
Job Prospects: Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) - Photoshop
Floridians who earn an Adobe Certified Associate in Photoshop have demonstrated entry-level skills needed to plan, design, build and maintain effective communications using different forms of digital media, including photos, videos and 3D artwork.
- Web Designer
- Graphic Designer