Do you like managing people and projects? Do you like developing and implementing plans? The field of business offers a range of career opportunities to match your interests and expertise.
Business has four management career pathways and one pathway for administrative support:
- General: Individuals who manage companies, organizations or specific activities within a commercial enterprise.
- Operations: Individuals who ensure a company or organization has the systems and tools to successfully operate.
- Business Information: Individuals who manage the technology needs of a company or organization.
- Human Resources: Individuals who recruit new employees, establish systems to evaluate employees, and manage benefits, such as health insurance.
- Administrative Support: Individuals that provide clerical support to managers.
Are you interested in a career in business but not sure what you want to do? Check out the business meta-major at your local state college. A meta-major is a collection of associate degree programs aligned to a general career area, such as business. Because all programs under the meta-major have common courses, you can pursue a relevant course of study before deciding on a specific degree program.
Many high-paying jobs in the field of business require a bachelor's degree.
|Training, Certificate or Associate's Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Telephone Operator||$37,240||Social and Community Services Manager||$65,320|
|Cargo and Freight Agent||$43,210||Business Continuity Planners||$70,530|
|Executive Administrative Assistant||$59,340||Administrative Services Manager||$96,180|
|Supervisor of Production Workers||$60,420||General and Operations Manager||$100,930|
|Insurance Adjuster or Investigator||$65,900||Human Resources Manager||$113,300|
|Logistics Manager||$94,730||Purchasing Manager||$118,940|