FloridaShines 3D Contest Rules
**Please note: This contest has closed**
The OG3D printing contest is sponsored by the Florida Virtual Campus (FLVC) and FloridaShines.
2. Contest Period
The contest begins on November 21, 2016 at noon Eastern Time, and ends on January 15, 2016 at noon, Eastern Time.
- To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must: be a student at a Florida public or private school, college or university, or a homeschooled student residing in Florida.
- Minors who enter must have the written consent of a parent or legal guardian in order to be eligible to receive any prizes.
- Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Employees, interns or contractors, of the Florida Virtual Campus, the University of West Florida, or members of their immediate families, are not eligible to participate.
4. Acceptable Entries
- All entries must be open and sharable and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.
- All entries must have been successfully printed. A photograph of the completed print must be included.
- All entries must be received by the entry deadline, January 15th, 2016, at noon, Eastern time.
- Entries may not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libellous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
- They must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to any applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulation.
- They must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- They must be original, unpublished works that do not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity (Original work category), or are works that are covered by a Creative Commons or similar open use license They cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party's publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
During the Contest Period, the Sponsor, its agents and/or the Judges (defined below) will be evaluating the entries and associated metadata, to ensure that they meet the entry requirements. . The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that does not meet the contest requirements. Incomplete entries or entries that fail to comply with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
5. How to Enter
An entry consists of a completed online entry form, and submission of an .stl file, and a photo (.jpg) of the printed object. The contest entry page will be linked on the contest website and the Florida Orange Grove home page once the contest begins.
Entrants below the age of 18 will need to print their entry form, have it signed by their parent or guardian, scan or photograph the form, and include the digital copy of the form in the entry submission.
A panel of three judges will evaluate each submitted model on three criteria;
- Design - Does the printed piece look good? Is the design one that works well on a 3D printer.
- Creativity - Is the model original, interesting and creative?
- Function - Does the model have a clear educational purpose?
7. Winner Selection and Notification
All taxes imposed on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. In the case that the winner is a minor, their parent or guardian is responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable tax and filing requirements.
10. General Conditions
All federal, state and local regulations apply. The Florida Virtual Campus reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the contest, if it believes the that entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest.
By entering the contest, entrants agree that their entries, names and photos may be used for press and media purposes. Winning entrants will be required to execute and submit a photo/video release form.
13. License to Use
By uploading and submitting your entry to FLVC you agree to grant FLVC and its affiliates a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License to reproduce, distribute, redistribute, modify, translate, adapt, prepare derivative works of, display, perform (each publicly or otherwise) and otherwise use all or part of your entry into this Contest, by any and all means and through any media and formats now known or hereafter discovered, in connection with the Content and/or our business activities (such as, without limitation, for promoting the Contest). Additionally, to the extent permitted under applicable law, by uploading and submitting your entry in the Contest you hereby waive and agree not to assert any and all rights that you may have under laws worldwide that concern “moral" or similar rights, in connection with your submitted entry.
14. Warranty and Indemnity
Entrants warrant that their entries are either their own original work (Original work category) or that the entries are covered by a Creative Commons or other similar open license (Quantity category).
To the maximum extent permitted by law, entrant agrees to indemnify sponsor and agrees to keep indemnified sponsor at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless sponsor from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from:
- any model, photograph or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy;
- any misrepresentation made by entrant in connection with the contest;
- any non-compliance by entrant with these Rules;
- claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrant's involvement with the Contest;
- acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest;
- any malfunction or other problem with the Contest Site in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant;
- any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry or voting information in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant.
- any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant.
15. Right to Cancel, Modify or Disqualify
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Florida Virtual Campus reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
16. Forum and Recourse to Judicial Procedures
These rules are governed by, subject to and construed in accordance with the Laws of the State of Florida. If any provision of these rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions will remain in force. To the extent provided by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief, or make any other recourse to judicial or other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from this contest are hereby excluded and entrants agree to waive any and all such rights.